Winter Semester 17/18
Organizational Behavior - Verhalten in Organisationen (BSc)
- Prof. Dr. Frederik Ahlemann
- Peder Bergan, MBA
- Winter Semester 2017/2018
- Mi. 10:15 – 11:45
- S05 T00 B59
- Lecture in Moodle
- Lecture in LSF
The course introduces the students to basic terminology, concepts and theories of organizational behavior and change management. It covers those topics that are of relevance for managing IT projects and IT organizations. A particular emphasis is put on the management of organizational change in such environments.
- understand the basic concepts and theories of organizational behavior,
- are able to describe basic concepts and theories of organizational behavior on an individual, group and organizational level,
- are able to discuss the strengths and limitations of concepts and theories of organizational behavior,
- are able to apply the concepts of organizational behavior to IT (project) management, and
- are able to derive managerial implications.
The course covers the following contents (preliminary outline):
- Change through IS
- Davis, F. D. (1989). "Perceived Usefulness, Perceived Ease of Use, and User Acceptance of Information Technology." MIS Quartely 13(3): 318-340.
- DeLone, W. H. and E. R. McLean (1992). "Information Systems Success: The Quest for the Dependent Variable." Information Systems Research Jg. 3(1): 60-95.
- DeLone, W. H. and E. R. McLean (2003). "The DeLone and McLean Model of Information Systems Success: A Ten-Year Update." Journal of Management Information Systems 19(4): 9-30.
- Robbins, S. P., T. A. Judge, et al. (2012). Organizational Behaviour, Pearson. van der Heijden, H. (2004). "User Acceptance of Hedonic Information Systems." MIS Quarterly 28(4): 695-704.
- Venkatesh, V. and M. G. Morris (2000). "Why don't Men Ever Stop to Ask for Directions? Gender, Social Influence, and Their Role in Technology Acceptance and Usage Behavior." MIS Quarterly 24(1): 115-139.
- Venkatesh, V., M. G. Morris, et al. (2003). "User Acceptance of Information Technology: Toward a Unified View." MIS Quarterly 27(3): 425-478.
- Venkatesh, V., J. Y. L. Thong, et al. (2012). "Cusumer Acceptance and Use of Information Technology: Extending the Unified Theory of Acceptance and Use of Technology." MIS Quarterly 36(1): 157-178.
Methods of Assessment:
Final written examination covering the learning objectives of the lecture (duration 60 minutes).
Moodle Course: https://moodle2.uni-due.de/course/view.php?id=6698